Henriette Pilegaard, Associate Professor, PhD
||August Krogh Building, Department of Molecular Biology
University of Copenhagen
Phone: +45 35321687
Fax: +45 35321567
to NLM PubMed
August Krogh Building, Universitetsparken 13, 2100 Copenhagen Ø
Ph.D. Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark (1/1-92 to 7/11-95). Supervisor: Carsten Juel, dr.scient.
Title of thesis: Lactate transport in Skeletal Muscle – with special reference to Muscle Activity and Blood Flow.
Master of Science at University of Copenhagen, Denmark (1/9-1984 to 23/6-91).
Title of thesis: Lactate transport in skeletal muscle.
Undergraduate: major in biology and minor in physical education.
Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen (from 1/10-06)
Assistant Professor, August Krogh Inst, University of Copenhagen (from 1/8-03 to 30/9-06).
Post doctoral position at Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark (1/2-96 to 1/3-98; 1/9-98 to 22/2-99; 1/11-99 to 31/7-03).
Post doctoral position at The John B. Pierce Laboratory, New Haven, USA (1/3-98 to 1/9-98; 23/2-99 to 30/10-99).
Lectures in Human Physiology, Zoophysiology, Cellular Integrative Physiology.
Laboratoy exercises in Human Physiology, Zoophysiology and Gene Technology.
Bachelor students: 43 from 2005-2009
Master Students: (internal) 10 completed and currently 4
PhD students: currently 2 and visiting guest PhD students.
Additionally teaching at various PhD courses
Reviewer for prestigious international journals in the field of physiology (e.g. J Phyisol. Am J Phyisol, J Appl Physiol, FASEB J).
International meetings and conferences:
• Scand Physiol Society, Denmark, 1992 (speaker).
• Biochemistry of Exercise, Skotland, 1994 (posters).
• Acta Physiol Scand Symposium, Norway, 1997.
• ECSS, Denmark, 1997.
• CMRC-symposium, Danmark, 1997.
• ECSS, Finland, 2000 (invited speaker).
• Joint Meeting of Scand and Am Physiol Soc, Sweden, 2000 (invited speaker).
• Biochemistry of Exercise, Holland, 2003 (invited speaker).
• Idrætsmedicinsk Kongres, Denmark, 2003 (invited speaker)
• IOC Workshop, Grækenland, 2003 (invited).
• IOC Pre-Olympic Congress, Greece, 2004 (invited speaker).
• Eur College of Sports Science, France, 2004 (posters)
• Idrætsmedicinsk Kongres, Denmark 2005 (invited speaker).
• IUPS Congress and Experimental Biology, USA, 2005 (invited speaker).
• Int Puijo Symposium, Finland, 2005 (invited speaker).
• Exp Biol, USA, 2000 (abstracts, invited speaker), 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 (posters).
• Keystone meeting, Colorado, USA, 2007 (posters).
• Diabetes, San Francisco, USA, 2008 (posters).
• Biochemistry of Exercise, Canada, 2009 (posters).
• ECSS, Oslo, Norway, 2009 (invited speaker)